演題：「Repair of Scalp Flap」
Hair bearing flaps have been popular since 70′s due to their advantages such as the immediate result, no temporary hair loss, outstanding density and possibility of replace a large amount hair.
The innovations of hair transplantation have gradually eclipsed the flap’s dominance and decreased their indications. However, there are still unhappy patients who have had flap procedures and complain about their aesthetic problems.
Author classified all their complaints into following 7 categories and discuss the surgical strategies for each.
1. Abrupt and straight hairline.
2. Hair loss in the scalp flap.
3. Hair loss in the ares from where scalp flap is taken.
4. Further hair loss behind the scalp flap.
5. Too thick appearance of the scalp flap
6. Poor hairline design with blunted-temporal angle.
7. A backward hair direction